[OpenAFS-devel] debug/optimize flags in Makefiles...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:28:13 -0500

I've got the start of this patch ready, but was working on expanding it.
Basically, instead of src/config/Makefile.$SYS_NAME, I build a common
src/config/Makefile.config that has all the vars defined in it.

I was thinking - since this Makefile.config.in has all the vars in it,
including the rest that are typically substituted into the individual
makefiles, why not just strip them out of the individual makefiles entirely.

Then the top of each makefile would have just:

srcdir=@srcdir@
include @TOP_OBJDIR@/src/config/Makefile.config

srcdir is special since it is dynamic based on the location of the
particular file being built.

Seems like that would make all the individual makefiles a lot simpler.

-- Nathan