[OpenAFS-devel] AFS and ufs/sds logging on solaris

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:29:11 +0200

> 1.) has AFS been tested on UFS filesystems with
>     logging turned on ? (since Solaris 7)

The default inode server will break in an very unforgiving way.
The namei server should work but that's a guess.

Cache manager (client):I don't know for sure but I guess that it works
because I have seen people with 100 clients using the IBM/Transarc
client without complaints.

> 2.) has AFS been tested on UFS filesystems which live
>     on SDS trans devices (SDS version of logging) ?

Noone I talked to knows what that is, so I we do not know nor can make
guesses.

Harald.