[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Trial Baloon for Red Hat packaging

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
26 Sep 2001 12:29:39 -0400

"Frank Bagehorn/Zurich/IBM" <fba@zurich.ibm.com> writes:

> Well maybe this happens (probably not this year :-) ). No one but RedHat
> could know if they would do so.
> But if the modules can be build from the same source tree, I see no
> problems with including all the modules in one RPM.

The current SPEC file doesn't deal with it, but that's my problem, not
users' problems.

> openafs-kernel-<something>-rh.<version> could be designed to deliver the
> modules for stock and errata kernels of
> a given RH version. I don't think it matters, if the kernels in there are
> both x.y and x.y+2 .

Ok.  I think you've sold me on that, too.  I'll remove the kernvers
from the kernel module too.  Whee. :)

> If we would need two different kernel-source RPMs for the different kernel
> versions, then we have to deliver
> openafs-kernel-source-<AFS version>-rh.<RH version>.2<2|4|6> RPMs, but
> that's a another story.

Well, we would need it for the moment, but I know that this is
considered a bug and "they" plan to fix it.  So for now I'm willing to
live with this bug.

> Frank

-derek