[OpenAFS-devel] CopyOnWrite failure: ihandle.c Patch: Code Cleanup

Marco Foglia marco.foglia@psi.ch
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:27:35 +0200

Srikanth Vishwanathan wrote:
> This is a cleanup of the original ihandle patch. The diff
> is based on ihandle.c 1.6. I don't know if this might help
> with the CopyOnWrite problem, but I guess it is worth a try.

Hello,

unfortunately the ihandle patch does not solve the CopyOnWrite
problem. We had another CopyOnWrite failure this morning ...

Because only the .kde and .netscape directories we corrupted
this time I did not restore the whole volume from backup but
did a "salvager ... -orphan attach" twice. When I moved the
volume away from this file server afterwards I got lots of

Fri Apr  5 13:38:20 2002 ReallyRead(): read failed device 0 inode
80BD460 errno 5

in the file server log.

Regards,
Marco

--
Marco Foglia | Paul Scherrer Institut  | phone     +41 56 310 36 39