[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on Solaris 8

Chris Campbell ijkdc@hotmail.com
Sun, 07 Apr 2002 04:54:55 +0000

Hello,
  I have been working on getting an entire Kerberos login system with AFS
going on some Solaris machines.  We use Kerberos for authentication and AFS
to provide users' home directories.  I had finally gotten everything working
on Solaris 7 but my boss wants to run Solaris 8.  I have never gotten aklog
to build from source.  I get tons of errors and every time I fix one, I get
a new one.  I was using a binary on Solaris 7 and it worked fine.  The
binary will not, however, work on 8.  I don't know if this is because of a
newer release of AFS or Solaris.  Either way, I would like to be able to
build aklog on Solaris 8 (sparc)and I was wondering if anyone had done that,
using either Transarc or OpenAFS headers and libraries.  I would like to use
Kerberos 5 services tickets too.  The binary I have for Solaris 7 uses
Kerberos 5.  It works without any use of Kerberos 4.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris