[OpenAFS-devel] IA64 status

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:11:15 -0400

>	Stupid question time.  I was wandering around in the gcc docs for
>something else, and found the '-mconstant-gp' option, which seems like it
>might address the problem with IA-64 kernel modules.  Has anyone tried
>using it?

kernel modules cant be constant-gp -- only the kernel proper is constant-gp.
if you wanted to link afs directly into the kernel (and i didnt during
development) this would work fine.

btw, openafs-current seems to working fine with my 2.4.5 production kernels.
i dont know if there anything 'extra' about redhat's 2.4.9 ia64 kernel. i
am using a turbolinux userland.  btw, what does redhat use to build the
kernel on ia64?  kgcc or gcc?