[OpenAFS-devel] National chars. sets problem with afs win smb server

Balazs GAL balsa@vectra.startv.hu
19 Apr 2002 15:56:32 +0200

Maybe i found the cause:

src/WINNT/afsd/cm_ioctl.c:

/*
 *  TranslateExtendedChars - This is a fix for TR 54482.
 *
 *  If an extended character (80 - FF) is entered into a file
 *  or directory name in Windows, the character is translated
 *  into the OEM character map before being passed to us.  Why
 *  this occurs is unknown.  Our pioctl functions must match
 *  this translation for paths given via our own commands (like
 *  fs).  If we do not do this, then we will try to perform an
 *  operation on a non-translated path, which we will fail to
 *  find, since the path was created with the translated chars.
 *  This function performs the required translation.
 */
void TranslateExtendedChars(char *str)
{
  char *p;

        if (!str || !*str)
                return;

#ifndef DJGPP
        CharToOem(str, str);
#else
        p = str;
        while (*p) *p++ &= 0x7f;
        /* turn off high bit; probably not right */
#endif
}

Were the windows binaries compiled with djgpp?

There was a step-by-step guide on www.openafs.org about how to compile
AFS on windows. At the moment I cant find it. Where is it?

Thanks.

balsa