[OpenAFS-devel] Re: appears that cvs trunk has a deadlock problemof some sort for linux24

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:05:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Alf Wachsmann wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Apr 2002, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> > On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Nathan Neulinger wrote:
> > > Would appreciate it if someone with more knowledge of what this code
> > > is supposed to do  could look it over.
> >
> > Yeah, I screwed it up. I'll figure it out. The right answer is 2.4
> > doesn't need any of this.
>
> Will this problem be fixed in the new 1.2.4 OpenAFS version?

Yes, but:

> We seem to be seeing these deadlocks on very heavily loaded public
> login Linux machines.

Not unless you're running a CVS snapshot. It wasn't in 1.2.3.

There are other potential deadlocks fixed, but the one referenced here was
never in a released version.

-D