[OpenAFS-devel] project for something with free time, autoconf and/or ddns experience

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:32:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Ted Anderson wrote:
>
> > A very cool idea.  I'm glad to see someone has been working on it.  Can
> > you say more about this project?  Like who is doing it and if they are
> > planning work on read/write access?
>
> hostafs was written by Jeff Hutzelman, who hasn't had time to work on it
> in quite a while. He's presumably on his way back from IETF today and so
> won't be available to comment. I don't know what the barriers are to
> read/write anymore but at this time it's entirely unimplemented. (I
> haven't done anything with it since before AFS was open sourced, either,
> actually)

I suppose I should mention that not too long ago, I actually went ahead
and did the autoconf work; it only took me an afternoon or so.  I have a
very small amount of cleanup yet to do, after which I'll do an official
release.  Don't expect a high level of functionality yet; there are still
quite a few things I want to do with this.  Still, I hope it will be
useful to at least a few people in its present form.

-- Jeff