[OpenAFS-devel] recent cache fixes did not help

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
03 Aug 2002 11:14:22 -0500

The samba server problem I've been seeing is definately still present in
the protos branch/trunk.

The server running the latest build is now at 2.4.19-ac3 with KDB, so I
should be able to get some decent traces the next time it dies.

With the recent builds, it triggers quite frequently, sometimes after
just a few hours. The stable build does not appear to have the same
problem. Machines have 2GB caches, not sure if that would be any
relation to the problem or not. And they had the same behavior with
memcache as well if I remember correctly. No visible oops, just a
deadlock style hang.

With the stable branch, the hangs are fairly infrequent at least
compared to the trunk.

-- Nathan