[OpenAFS-devel] detecting exported symbols

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:16:41 -0700

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

>> Note that Linus, last I heard, was strongly recommending *against*
>> modversions.

> Oh?  This is certainly a change from his previous stance.  Do you
> have a source for this statement?

I could have sworn I saw it on linux-kernel from Linus, but now I can't
find it again.  So never mind; sorry about the noise.  I also could have
sworn that it defaulted off the last time I built a kernel, but checking,
it defaults on for x86.  So I'm apparently just badly misremembering.

> If Linux actually had a stable DDI then this wouldn't be an issue.

This I know Linus and Alan Cox are opposed to.  :)