[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1.2.6 on AIX 4.3.3 - /vicep structure or v3fshelper ???

Michael Niksch nik@zurich.ibm.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:32:19 +0200

> > > Build is really easy. Download your prefered version, unpack it
> > > and type
> > >
> > > ./configure --with-afs-sysname=rs_aix42 --enable-transarc-paths
> > >  --enable-namei-fileserver --enable-fast-restart
> > >  --enable-bitmap-later
> > >
> > > and then
> > >
> > > make dest

> > What compiler do I need? I have gcc 3.1. Is that fine?

> In our case cc is /usr/ibmcxx/bin/cc. No problems with this one.

I am trying as you said, and make crashes with

  ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .ReadSuper
  ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .IsBigFilesFileSystem

when it gets to compiling the salvager. I searched all of /usr/lib, but
cannot find either of those symbols. Can you tell what library files or
adt filesets I might be missing?

I also tried with gcc and vac with similar problems, which I think is
not surprising since I seem to be missing some basic AIX/JFS-specific
libraries.

By the way, I understand you were successful in compiling for AIX with
the --enable-namei-fileserver flag. Which version of OpenAFS was this?
Though I'll keep trying to get my compile to work, would it be possible
to get your binaries to get started?

--
Michael Niksch                     /Zurich/IBM @ IBMCH
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory     nik@zurich.ibm.com