[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver loop

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:03:07 -0700

Nickolai Zeldovich <kolya@MIT.EDU> writes:

> If you're interested, the deltas on the mainline for this bugfix are:

>   rx-protect-servers-from-half-reachable-clients-20020119
>   rx-cleanup-deadlock-and-refcnt-leak-20020121
>   better-protection-against-asymmetric-clients-20020222
>   minor-rx-lock-cleanup-20020330
>   clear-attachwait-flag-20020403

Okay, this raises a few additional issues (sorry).  Are these patches
stand-alone, in the sense that they can be applied as-is to a 1.2.6 tree
(and is that what MIT is running internally)?  And second, is there any
vague idea of how long before the next release that would include these
changes?

Basically, I'm trying to get a feel for whether we should pull these
changes and apply them to 1.2.6 and build our own file server, wait for a
new release, or just build and use the mainline (although I'm guessing the
latter is a bad idea).