[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver looping to clear up callbacks...

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
22 Aug 2002 19:18:21 -0500

Something I was wondering about - the patch for fileserver looping when
freeing up slots for callbacks seems to imply that the fileserver has a
large number of callbacks and is running out of room.

If that is so, wouldn't it make sense to increase the limit? Especially
since this is occurring on a fileserver running large, which sets to
64000 cbs.

Thing is, viced.c specifically limits numberofcbs to 65535.

Any comments on why that limit is enforced? Might it make sense to raise
to something larger?

Related question - what happens to the callbacks when that table fills
and needs to get more space?

(Or am I completely misunderstanding what's going on?)

-- Nathan