[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver looping to clear up callbacks...

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
23 Aug 2002 07:06:54 -0500

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 21:22, Lyle Seaman wrote:
> the callback package does a whole lot of weird pointer math in order to save
> bytes in the callback/host structures.   It's not merely a matter of changing
> a #define.

Ok.

> Unless you mean, why 64000 instead of 65534? no reason that I can recall.
>
> when the fileserver starts to run out of callback structures, it begins
> revoking existing callbacks.

I wonder what sort of performance impact that has? By revoking
callbacks, that is essentially expiring the data in the caches at the
client? Or does a client just attempt to re-establish the callback
without re-retrieving the data?

-- Nathan