[OpenAFS-devel] problem configuring current cvs on 2.4.20-pre7...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:53:27 -0600

Was working fine a few weeks ago, but with new sys call table
lack-of-export handling stuff, does not work any more:

checking for i_dirty_data_buffers in struct inode... yes
checking for i_devices in struct inode... yes
checking for inode_setattr return type... yes
checking for linux/completion.h existance... no
checking for exported tasklist_lock... no
checking for redhat kernel configuration... no
checking if kernel uses MODVERSIONS... no
checking which kernel modules to build... MP SP
checking for exported sys_call_table... no
checking for exported kallsyms_symbol_to_address... no
checking for exported kallsyms_address_to_symbol... no
checking for exported init_mm... no
configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method

This is a standard kernel, not a goofy redhat custom one. Note, I do NOT
use module symbol versions. Are the sys_call_table and other checks
breaking without MODVERSIONS? (They look to be checking for _ver_....
symbols.)

I'll dig into this a bit, but figured that whoever added this code might
have an idea how to unbreak it.=20

-- Nathan