[OpenAFS-devel] fileserver crash on Solaris 2.6 with 1.2.7

Todd_DeSantis@transarc.com Todd_DeSantis@transarc.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:28:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi -

> > > $ gdb /usr/afs/bin/fileserver ./corevol.fs
> >
> > corevol.fs should be volserver
>
> Well, originally I thought too, but after I used gdb and it said the
> core was generated by fileserver, I quit gdb session, run file(1)
> and it also said filerserver. Can you explain why is it named
> volserver.fs then?

The core files can get renamed incorrectly if the bosserver has to
deal with 2 cores in quick succession.  Most likely the fileserver and
voslerver processes cored around the same time and when the bosserver
process was renaming the "core" file to corevol.fs (thinking the
volserver just cored), it was really renaming the the core file
associated with the fileserver process.

Todd