[OpenAFS-devel] Windows - SMB messages

Scott D. Williams sdw@email.unc.edu
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:45:17 -0500

At 12:01 PM 12/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "James Peterson" <jpeterso@sinenomine.net>
>To: <openafs-devel@openafs.org>
>Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 06:18:40 -0800
>Subject: [OpenAFS-devel] Windows - SMB messages

>I would appreciate if anyone has enough experience with SMB protocol or
>knows where to look so I can identify the intended action of the SMB

I'm an smb newbie, but have found this document useful:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/CIFS/smbpub.zip

Not much about this particular subcommand:
NT_TRANSACT_IOCTL
  This command allows device and file system control functions to be
transferred transparently from client to server.

Setup Words Encoding            Description
---------------------           --------------------
ULONG FunctionCode;             NT device or file system control code
USHORT Fid;                             Handle for io or fs
control.  Unless bit0 of IsFlags is set.
BOOLEAN IsFsctl;                        Indicates whether the command is a
device control (FALSE) or a file system control (TRUE).
UCHAR   IsFlags;                        bit0 - command is to be applied to
share root handle.  Share must be a DFS share.

Data Block Encoding             Description
---------------------           --------------------
Data[ TotalDataCount ]          Passed to the Fsctl or Ioctl

Server Response                 Description
SetupCount                              1
Setup[0]                                        Length of information
returned by io or fs control
DataCount                                       Length of information
returned by io or fs control
Data[ DataCount ]               The results of the io or fs control

--Scott