[OpenAFS-devel] afs on hp-ux 11.00 solved

Georgios Fotis Georgios Fotis" <fgeo@itc.auth.gr
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:09:35 +0200

Greetings,
First of all,thanks to Nathan Neulinger for the info,i will be upgrading the
hp-ux's to openafs 1.2.8 soon :> (Yes,the HP712 has enough cpu power to run
AFS,openssh and citrix :>) It may sound odd,but I solved my problem
reinstalling from a different cd of hp-ux 11.00 . I guess the previous
release was outdated...even patching the old installation didn't do anything
on it.The other cd I used to install the os worked perfectly after I
compiled the kernel with AFS support.
Finally, even though Harald is right...dear Harald,did you ever think I
would get an answer writing a mail to transarc?I don't think so :> Thank you
for being so helpful people, I appreciate it.
(By the way,we have already switched over to openafs for our servers, we
were waiting for a new release to replace afs on our clients too,especially
those old hp-ux's)
Cheers,
George Fotis
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Center A.U.TH
www.itc.auth.gr