[OpenAFS-devel] Windows cache manager code

James Peterson james@abrakus.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:40:31 -0800

Thank you for your interest in Window's cache manager.

I have also seen the slowing down of the AFS file system on XP.  However, I
had focused on the memory leakage due to the changes in smb termination
protocol.   After I correct the leakage problem I'd appreciate any ideas you
may have on speeding up the cache manager.

If this performance degradation is due to increasing number of cache entries
then it would seem that if you reduce the cache size by 1/2 it should
improve the performance or at least it would flatten out the response time a
lot quicker.  Have you tried reducing the cache size to see if AFS reaches a
minimum performance quicker?

James
"Integrity is the Base of Excellence"