[OpenAFS-devel] Progress with OpenAFS-1.2.8 on HP-UX 11.22 on IA64

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:14:29 -0600

> In afs_osi.o:  spl7 =20
>=20
>    In HP UX 11.0 this is a spinlock around accessing the timer.=20
>    I have not found the equivalent code for 11.22. It looks like=20
>    AFS is trying to set the timer. But why? I thought the NTP
>    functions where being dropped from OpenAFS.=20

AFS supplied NTP is deprecated on servers (use official ntpd instead),
but not -settime. That is still appropriate for clients, unless you run
ntpd on clients as well.=20

You could always disable that code in this case as an aid to porting.