[OpenAFS-devel] re-indenting code...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:06:14 -0600

At times, digging through some of the older code (ie. vsprocs.c), it is =
very hard to read due to the veyr inconsistent (and sometimes completely =
absent) indentation.

I'd like to re-indent some of it, however I hate to make my local =
checkout that different from the repository, cause it makes any =
potential diffs that much less likely to be accepted. (i.e. it would be =
easier to work on locally if it were re-indented, but I don't want to do =
that if it means I have to hand-rewrite the diff to be suitable for =
application.)

Would developers be willing to come up with a indent config file that =
would be an accepted re-indentation of the code? I don't think we'd =
necessarily want to do that to everything, just to specific files as =
they are worked on.

I personally would like to see this:

-cli4
-di0
-nbc
-nlp
-bad
-sob
-bap
-bl0
-bli0
-cs
-npcs
-ncdb
-nsc
-ci0
-i4
-ip0
-npsl
-ts4

but I'm sure others have different preferences. It doesn't really matter =
much to me, but SOME sort of indentation would make things alot easier =
to read than the current code.

Derrick, would you accept a diff that did nothing other than reformat =
certain files?

Ideally, if there were a indent config file preference, it would be =
checked into cvs somewhere, or as a helper script that passed all the =
desired options.=20

-- Nathan