[OpenAFS-devel] Bizarre linker error with afs-krb5 1.3....

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 18:56:30 -0500 (EST)

On 7 Feb 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Adam Thornton <adam@fsf.net> writes:
>
> > > ./aklog: error while loading shared libraries:
> > > /usr/local/lib/libkrb5.so.3: undefined symbol: stat
> >
> > Hmmm.  Actually it looks like it can't find stat in afsd because afsd
> > died.
>
> Huh?  Doesn't make sense to me.  WHat does afsd have to do with
> stat?  Note that 'stat' should be in libc.

I'm with Derek, and I had this problem a while ago (RH 5.2/sparc, I think)

stat was versioned and i think /lib/libc.so was a loader script, and
somehow i was trying to link against one of the underlying objects.

Which libc do you have?