[OpenAFS-devel] How to know filesystems managed by AFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:12:30 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Frank Batschulat wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I often get the problem to find out AFS managed
> UFS filesystems, there is no info about the filesystems
> AFS sits on top of in neither the crash dumps itself,
> nor the /etc/mnttab or /etc/vfstab.
>
> All that appears is the following entry in /etc/mnttab:
> AFS     /afs    afs     dev=100000      1011729826
>
> df gives you:
> /afs               (AFS               ):18000000 blocks  9000000 files
>
> I'd really appreciate pointers to look at to
> find out a AFS configuration in terms of
> which AFS mountpoint/filesystem has which
> underlying real FS mountpoint/filesystem.

Do you mean on what filesystem the disk cache lives, or something else?

AFS is a network filesystem, generally, so just like NFS mounted
filesystems, the actual data lives elsewhere; Unless you mean "where is
the disk cache stored" I don't think this question makes sense. If you
mean that, then I have no real suggestions.