[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 1.2.3 compile barfs on AIX 4.3.3

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:28:21 +0100 (CET)

Ok, openafs 1.2.3 finally compiled on my AIX 4.3.3. My resulting
volserver binary is however not able to create volumes and the
fileserver can not attach old volumes either.

The volserver/fileserver combination from the binary distribution seems
to work. So something must be wrong with my build process. To find the
error in my build, I'd like to know the build parameters of the
distributed binary. Got a build tree in AFS? ;-)

My configure is

CC=xlc ./configure  --with-afs-sysname=rs_aix42 --enable-transarc-paths

with compiler/OS combination

  ibmcxx.cmp                 3.6.6.4  COMMITTED  IBM C and C++ Compilers
  bos.up                    4.3.3.79  COMMITTED  Base Operating System

Any help appreciated
Harald.