[OpenAFS-devel] AFS Authentication through LDAP

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:25:27 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Ted Anderson wrote:

> doesn't rely on transactional semantics.  It should be possible to write
> an LDAP wrapper that implements the PTServer API.  This should be
> sufficient to keep user applications (like klog) and the fileserver
> happy.

It's a little more than a wrapper, in my opinion.

1) if the fileserver is depending on it, you want it to be fast, but
that's really your business.
2) you need extra stuff for GetCPS and GetHostCPS, which isn't exactly
analogous to what LDAP provides.

I agree that some sort of veneer over an LDAP server should be possible as
a PT replacement, though.

-D