[OpenAFS-devel] krb5kdc and windows openafs kpasswd

Jean-Marc Chaton jcn@austin.ibm.com
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:23:50 +0100

Hello,

I experience some problems changing passwords (no problem at
authenticating) with kpasswd from Windows
openafs clients, no problems at all from linux clients.

kpasswd: Ubik Call failed (Authentication Server unavailable, try later)

I imagine this is the consequence of having the authentication done by
krb5 KDCs instead of the kaservers. I'm following two paths to solve the
problem, all advice welcome.

- find a way to tell kpasswd to ask directly the admin server, how ?
- configure the dbservers to fake having kaservers, how ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Jean-Marc Chaton    |   La Terre n'est pas un héritage de nos
IBM Paris AD Lab    | ancêtres, nous l'empruntons à nos enfants.