[OpenAFS-devel] Re: krb5kdc and windows openafs kpasswd

Jean-Marc Chaton jcn@austin.ibm.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:54:57 +0100

* Derek Atkins [Fri, 04/01/2002 at 10:16 -0500]
> Jean-Marc Chaton <jcn@austin.ibm.com> writes:
>
> > subsidiary question: where to find the windows binary of KRB5 kpasswd.
> > I've already looked for it without success. Kerberos for windows from
> > MIT seems unavailable for me (not MIT staff nor North American).
>
> I have no idea... Where did you get your KRB5 for Windows installation
> in the first place?  How do you "kinit"?

I didn't have krb5 for windows. The only thing I had was the windows
openafs : enough for authenticate  but not for changing passwords.

I found a windowed appli called krb5.exe that works great. However I 've
had no success with the heimdal kpasswd.exe.

I'm still looking for a win32 kpasswd.exe but now that I have the
krb5.exe it's liveable.

Thanks

--
Jean-Marc Chaton    |   La Terre n'est pas un héritage de nos
IBM Paris AD Lab    | ancêtres, nous l'empruntons à nos enfants.