[OpenAFS-devel] Document for authenticating against MIT K5/krb524d ?

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:26:37 -0500

>I'm in the midst of setting up an AFS cell, and I want to use MIT
>Kerberos 5 with the krb524d as my KDC, rather than the AFS kaserver.
>
>The documents I can find about using MIT Kerberos seem to date from the
>mid-90s and be mostly Kerberos 4; is there a concise and mostly-accurate
>doc anywhere that describes how to do what I want to do?

Well, it's hard to be concise, but I don't think there's some half-bad
documentation in the AFS-Kerberos 5 migration kit (but I'm biased, because
I wrote it).  You can find out more information in the comp.protocols.kerberos
FAQ, which is available from your favorite FAQ sites and is linked off
of the main MIT Kerberos web page (http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www).
It's admittedly stale, but I think the core information is there.

--Ken