[OpenAFS-devel] Document for authenticating against MIT K5/krb524d ?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
09 Jan 2002 15:01:29 -0500

Adam Thornton <adam@fsf.net> writes:

> This is a brand new cell and realm: there is no existing data to be
> migrated.  So do I just need an afs@REALM principal on the KDC, and

I would suggest afs/cell@REALM instead of afs@REALM, but that's just
me.

> ka-forwarder in place on the OpenAFS machines?  There are no preexisting

You don't necessarily need a ka-forwarder unless you really want one.
You can just use kinit/aklog (or the PAM equivalent), in which case
you don't need the ka-forwader.

> keys or kvnos that I have; do I still need to create them with kaserver
> and then migrate them, or can I just create them on the KDC?  Do I just

You can just create your AFS key on the KDC (make sure it is a 1des
key!), extract it into a keytab (once), use asetkey to create the
KeyFile, and then scp the KeyFile to all your servers.

> skip creating the kaserver with bos and instead create a ka-forwarder?

You definitely skip creating the kaserver with bos.  And, as I
mentioned, you can skil the ka-forwarder unless you really feel you
want it.  You don't need it.

> Adam

-derek