[OpenAFS-devel] Where is the right place for this question?

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:55:25 +0100 (CET)

In additon to Derrick's answer:

To write into AFS space you need a token. That is manufactured from a
ticket. Tickets can be found in a file and tokens in the kernel.

When I authenticated today I first got a ticket granting ticket which
identifies me:

Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_22421
        Principal: haba@NADA.KTH.SE

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Jan 16 20:49:33  Jan 17 06:49:33  krbtgt/NADA.KTH.SE@NADA.KTH.SE

Then I got from that an AFS service ticket:

Jan 16 20:49:34  Jan 17 06:49:33  afs@NADA.KTH.SE

This ticket was used to make a token:

Jan 16 20:49:34  Jan 17 06:49:33  User's (AFS ID 22421) tokens for nada.kth.se

The output lines were taken from the output of /usr/heimdal/bin/klist -T

If I would like to deliver files into AFS I'd do the following.

* Make an AFS identity (say mailman)
* Give that AFS identity the rights to insert and/or append
  at the right places in the AFS tree, it won't need all
  rights
* Check out a keytab (srvtab in v4) for mailman and
  store in safe place
* Let the delivery agent use that srvtab when it needs tokens

Harald.