[OpenAFS-devel] Why isn't the gcpags code used on all platforms?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:57:21 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> Is it a case of it not compiling, or is there some other underlying reason
> it is not enabled?
>
> Would be nice to not have to rely on the ugly hacks (which tend to break
> when you forget about them and do kernel/afs updates) to go and clean up the
> stray unused pags+tokens.

The necessary code to figure out if a pag is still "occupied" by processes
doesn't always work correctly; On some platforms it's worse than others;
In some cases things have changed and it's historical but no one's
verified it's "sane" and I'm not sure how to reliably test such
programmatically.

-D