[OpenAFS-devel] A few questions about the current Linux implementation of the AFS client

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:46:50 -0500 (EST)

On 18 Jan 2002, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Derrick,
>
> Have you considered changing over to using bitkeeper instead of CVS?
> Then individual developers could have their own local repositories and
> make local deltas, and then they could set up their changesets to
> openafs-gatekeepers.  When you apply a changeset users could pull it
> down into their own repositories.
>
> It would give developers the chance to make local "commits" for change
> history during development without requiring access to the global
> repository.

At minimum, there are licensing issues with BitKeeper to consider; I
assume we also need to re-export to a CVS tree to continue to provide
anoncvs.

-D