[OpenAFS-devel] Can I use AFS file system without authenrication?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Jan 2002 22:25:01 -0500

You can setup AFS without authentication, however it will be even
LESS secure than AFS because EVERYONE will have complete access to
all files.  You would basically have a completely publically-accessible
read-write file system.

Why don't you want to use authentication?

-derek

=B3=AF=A4=B9=B8t <u85021@ice.ntnu.edu.tw> writes:

> Hi all:=20
> I want use AFS, but I don't want any authentication. Can I disable token =
but still can access AFS? Namely, I want to use AFS to simulate NFS. Thanks.

--=20