[OpenAFS-devel] IP acls... GetCPS, etc...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:50:10 -0600

I think I've brought this up before, but don't remember if I ever got it
completely straightened out.

What is necessary to happen to get an IP acl to refresh? We tend to have a
LOT of problems when adding new IP acl's to directories, to where they never
seem to take effect.

Is it purely a fileserver issue?

I thought the default refresh on that stuff was a couple of hours. In my
case, I've seen IP acls that have been around for days never take effect.

In alot of cases where I've previously done this, I've taken to using krb5
keytabs instead, which is easier, but not convenient for certain
applications.

-- Nathan