[OpenAFS-devel] objdir broken on hpux

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:13:11 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> Not that it matters much, but I do build the openafs tools to use with the
> transarc kernel lib

Don't do this.  I don't believe it will cause problems on HP/UX yet, but
it certainly won't work right on Linux.  Recent versions of OpenAFS (1.2.2
and later, it seems) use a different calling convention for certain calls
made by afsd during startup, which means you _must_ use a compatible afsd.
There is no guarantee that similar problems won't eventually crop up on
other platforms, so you should make sure that afsd always agrees with the
kernel module in use.

> and noticed that they no longer build cause of this.
> It's probably an autoconf issue. It fails with 2.13, works with 2.52f.

Can you be more specific than "broken" and "fails"?
What fails?  In what way?

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer