[OpenAFS-devel] CC and MT_CC on solaris

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:32:12 +0200 (CEST)

> Is there any real reasons to force CC and MT_CC to forced to
> /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc instead to trust the user/builder to set the
> path correctly before running configure? It would make it easier for
> people that has the Compiler installed in a different directory
> (like /afs....)

I consider todays behaviour to be a bug, too. In spite having a path
including a new fine C compiler, the build process thinks to know
better an stubbornly takes an old /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc that happens to
be around. Yes, I burned some time on this 2 weeks ago. If the compile
process needs a special compiler, configure could check that.

Another OS with compiler version issues is AIX which needs VAC.

Harald.