[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Kernel oops, using openafs-1.2.6-rc1

Herbert Huber Herbert.Huber@lrz-muenchen.de
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:55:52 +0200

--------------0D15C7D24E19C158024A7437

Today another strange problem occured on our central mail server. The machine had a pop and imap
induced load of more than 50. Even new login processes consumed more than 20% of system time
(popd or imapd running under uid 0!). No kernel oops or syslog messages for this problem.  Please
note that nearly all CPU time was spent for system time.
The reboot of the server failed when it came to the afs shutdown. So we had to power cycle our
box. After the reboot everything is running fine again, hmmmm........!?

Could it be that this behaviour is more or less some variant of the problem which caused a kernel
oops last Friday?

Regards

Herbert

--------------0D15C7D24E19C158024A7437

begin:vcard
n:Huber;Herbert
tel;work:089-289-28833
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http:/www.lrz.de/
org:Leibniz-Rechenzentrum;Gruppe Hochleistungssysteme
adr:;;Leibniz-Rechenzentrum der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschafte;München;;D-80333;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:herbert.huber@lrz-muenchen.de
title:Dr.
x-mozilla-cpt:;-12480