[OpenAFS-devel] AFSDB in Openafs 1.2.5

Nickolai Zeldovich kolya@MIT.EDU
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:28:46 -0400

> Openafs 1.2.5 does still not implement AFSDB records for utility programs
> like "vos".

I believe it does.  It also works just fine for me (see below).

> # /usr/afsws/etc/vos exa common -c e.kth.se
> vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
> u: no servers appear to be up

Note that the error message you're getting is from ubik; if the cell
didn't exist, you would receive an error like:

  vsu_ClientInit: can't find cell abc.org's hosts in /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB

That said, I don't know why ubik is failing.  Try placing e.kth.se
records in CellServDB to see if it works without AFSDB?

-- kolya

pepsi-one~/ops/cell/oa12x/src/volser> grep e.kth.se /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB
>telge.kth.se             # Royal Institute of Technology, Telge
130.237.77.7                    #gandalf.telge.kth.se.
pepsi-one~/ops/cell/oa12x/src/volser> ./vos ex common -c e.kth.se
vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.
common                            536910291 RW      21568 K  On-line
    elektrien.e.kth.se /vicepa