[OpenAFS-devel] reproducible problem during cache flush

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:33:37 -0400

In message <200207301710.NAA15249@contents-vnder-pressvre.mit.edu>,Nickolai Zel
dovich writes:
>It looks like the old 2.2 Linux code called afs_DoPartialWrite to
>flush modified chunks if we were running low on cache space, but
>the new 2.4 VM-integrated write routines, that use generic_file_write,
>don't call afs_DoPartialWrite anywhere.  This is likely the problem.

hmm... i seem to recall a problem with partial writes that derrick
was trying to debug.  at some point i think the calls to afs_DoPartialWrite
aren't enabled AFS_VM_RDWR_ENV.  perhaps config shouldnt claim linux is
AFS_VM_RDWR_ENV?  this does seem to fix the problem.  atleast iozone
passes.