[OpenAFS-devel] reproducible problem during cache flush

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:05:12 -0400

In message <200207301752.NAA17090@contents-vnder-pressvre.mit.edu>,Nickolai Zel
dovich writes:
>Maybe we want to remove the #ifdef AFS_VM_RDWR_ENV in afs_UFSWrite

this seems like a good idea for linux.

>entirely, since there's no way for the upper-level write routine like
>afs_linux_write to call afs_DoPartialWrite at the right time (i.e.
>between chunks in the middle of the write process)?

actually i think a_ops->flushpage is supposed to do this.  it
seems that only ext3 actually uses it though.  it probably was
added just for ext3 and recently suspect.

>On a slightly related note, I also noticed that the Linux client never
>calls afs_PrefetchChunk.  We probably want to copy the afs_PrefetchChunk
>invocation from some other VM-based platform into afs_linux_read or
>somesuch..

also a good idea!