[OpenAFS-devel] malloc failed to alloc enough memory translating ids

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 01:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 31 May 2002, Scott J Baker wrote:

> Derrick,
>       I tried copying the binaries from the site over, and had the same
> problem with them, but then I may have forgot something copying.  Which
> files do I need to put where?  What was the compiler issue?  I'm using the
> visual age c compiler (xlc), should I try again with gcc or something?

I used /usr/vac/bin/cc except for the kernel module, where I used xlc_r;
Harald Barth reported a problem a while back which he didn't have with my
binaries, and his problem turned out to be related somehow to the
compilers; He was using a different version than I had.

I will try to get this tested, but the easiest way to make sure it does
get tested is to open a bug: mail openafs-bugs@openafs.org with your
report