[OpenAFS-devel] afs_osi_Sleep and afs_osi_Wakeup on Linux

chas williams chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:48:58 -0400

In message <OFEDF28ED3.7100E0A7-ON85256BCE.0051C9F7@in.ibm.com>,"Srikanth Vishw
anathan" writes:
>Using kmalloc means a memory leak when you stop AFS. I don't think
>afs_getevent() and afs_addevent() should be a problem. How about just
>replacing sleep and wake_up with add_wait_queue/remove_wait_queue ?

i know it would leak, but that didnt concern me a great deal.  at
shutdown you can just go through the hash table and free the memory.
the addition of afs_addevent() makes the behavior of the event code
slightly different from other platforms.  is that bad?  i dont know.