[OpenAFS-devel] afs_osi_Sleep and afs_osi_Wakeup on Linux

Srikanth Vishwanathan vsrikanth@in.ibm.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:59:33 -0400

> i know it would leak, but that didnt concern me a great deal.  at
> shutdown you can just go through the hash table and free the memory.
> the addition of afs_addevent() makes the behavior of the event code
> slightly different from other platforms.  is that bad?  i dont know.

If afs_getevent() returns NULL, sleep will return prematurely. But this
is no different from a spurious wakeup. The caller makes sure that sleep
is called in a "while(condition not satisfied) sleep" loop that takes
care of this.