[OpenAFS-devel] afs_osi_Sleep and afs_osi_Wakeup on Linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:08:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, chas williams wrote:

neglecting the rest of this, i have only this to ask:

> the attached patch 'fixes', in my opinion, in osi_alloc.  objects <=
> AFS_SMALLOCSIZ are alloced with kmalloc, other vmalloc.  if kmalloc
> fails it doesnt fail over to vmalloc.  TASK_RUNNING is set after
> schedule.  it doesnt drop the GLOCK.

clearly one of us is missing something. it may be me, and that's fine,
but, why is going to sleep while holding the glock ok?

> i moved the allocator init later so that it doesnt need to toggle the semaphore just before
> going to linux_alloc.

that's been on the pending list for a while