[OpenAFS-devel] Problems compiling openafs-1.2(3,4) on Solaris 9 release from Sun

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 14:10:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've built a Solaris 9 machine and downloaded the source for openafs-1.2.3
> and openafs-1.2.4, as the precompiled binaries do not work with the release
> shipped by Sun.  I installed forte 6u2 and have attempted compiling both

They were built against a prerelease, which at the time OpenAFS 1.2.4 was
released, was all that was available.

> sources.  However, they both fail at the same spot, trying to compile
> afs_callback.c in MODLOAD32 (or MODLOAD64, if I tweak the makefile to skip
> the 32 bit one).  I ran configure --with-afs-sysname=sun4x_59
> --enable-transarc-paths.

> "../afs/afs_callback.c", line 696: undefined symbol: hrestime
> "../afs/afs_callback.c", line 696: warning: left operand of "." must be
> struct/union object

It's a call to osi_Time, which is a macro:
#define osi_Time() (hrestime.tv_sec)

I don't have a Solaris 9 machine (release or otherwise) so there's nothing
I can tell you.