[OpenAFS-devel] Stability problems, using Linux 2.4.14 or higher and openafs

Herbert Huber Herbert.Huber@lrz-muenchen.de
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:27:03 +0200

--------------B87C8F25F6DF6453C3A50478

Hi,

using vanilla linux 2.4.14 and linux 2.4.18 together with openafs-1.2.3,
openafs-1.2.4 and openafs-1.2.5, we do have serious problems with the
long term stability of our openafs clients. After some days or weeks of
uptime we end up on all of our PIII SMP boxes with a situation where
/afs is still mounted but cannot be accessed anymore. No kernel messages
can be found in the syslog files and the only way to solve this
situation is to reboot the machine.

Hmm.....,does anybody experience similar problems. Maybe our problem is
related to the deadlock problem on linux-2.4 discussed in this list
about 3 weeks ago?

Regards

Herbert

--------------B87C8F25F6DF6453C3A50478

begin:vcard
n:Huber;Herbert
tel;work:089-289-28833
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http:/www.lrz.de/
org:Leibniz-Rechenzentrum;Gruppe Hochleistungssysteme
adr:;;Leibniz-Rechenzentrum der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschafte;München;;D-80333;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:herbert.huber@lrz-muenchen.de
title:Dr.
x-mozilla-cpt:;-12480