[OpenAFS-devel] ppc_linux22 still working incorrectly on Debian

Atro Tossavainen Atro.Tossavainen@Helsinki.FI
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:17:17 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

On May 23, 2002, I posted the following on the openafs-devel list:

> I'm trying to get OpenAFS 1.2.3 running on a Power Macintosh 7300
> running Debian Linux 2.2 (with a 2.2.19 kernel).
>
> Everything else seems fine and dandy, but when starting the AFS client,
> the daemon is unable to connect to the servers.  Network connectivity
> to the servers is not an issue, since pinging, ssh'ing, any such things
> work without a hitch, it's only afsd that cannot reach them.

Derek Atkins suggested I try again with 1.2.4 since there were known
issues with 1.2.3.  I never got Derrick Brashear's reply, since I am
not a list member, but have just read it by browsing list archives.

The same problem remains with OpenAFS 1.2.5.  ThisCell and CellServDB
are configured properly.

Derrick's suggestion of "tcpdump -vv -s 1500 port 7001" on the Mac,
and running "snoop host thathost" on the AFS server, yields the fact
that there is _no AFS traffic at all_ between the Mac and the AFS
servers.  However, as stated earlier, the network connectivity
between the Mac and other machines is perfectly fine - DNS works,
SSH works, NTP works, ping works.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,

File attachments NOT welcome unless agreed to beforehand.