[OpenAFS-devel] Re: AFS & IA-64?

Herbert Huber Herbert.Huber@lrz-muenchen.de
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:08:50 +0100

--------------AA721EEC19C6684453D6F79E

Chas,

please find the output of my build process at
/afs/lrz-muenchen.de/tmp/make_ia64.out

There are lots of warnings from the type
warning: passing arg 2 of `makecontext' from incompatible pointer
type
warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

The flag AFS_64BITPOINTER_ENV is set to 1 in param.ia64_linux24.h. So in
principle the build process should be aware that it runs on a 64 bit
machine?

> >> I just copied Makefile.i386_linux24.in to Makefile.ia64_linux24.in.
>
> hmm... i am surprised that file is missing. i swear that i submitted it.
> its essentially the same.  the only diff i have was 'OPTMZ=-g -O2'
>
> >...openafs/openafs-1.2.3/src/rxgen/rxgen -x rxstat.xg
> >make[3]: *** [rxstat.h] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> how about a traceback?  this is usally (on the ia64 anyway) failure to
> prototype functions that involve pointers.  usually the string/memory
> functions when dealing with afs.

Herbert

--------------AA721EEC19C6684453D6F79E

begin:vcard
n:Huber;Herbert
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Leibniz-Rechenzentrum;Gruppe Hochleistungssysteme
adr:;;Leibniz-Rechenzentrum der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschafte;München;;D-80333;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:herbert.huber@lrz-muenchen.de
title:Dr.
x-mozilla-cpt:;0