[OpenAFS-devel] project for something with free time, autoconf and/or ddns experience

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:50:36 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Ted Anderson wrote:

> A very cool idea.  I'm glad to see someone has been working on it.  Can
> you say more about this project?  Like who is doing it and if they are
> planning work on read/write access?

hostafs was written by Jeff Hutzelman, who hasn't had time to work on it
in quite a while. He's presumably on his way back from IETF today and so
won't be available to comment. I don't know what the barriers are to
read/write anymore but at this time it's entirely unimplemented. (I
haven't done anything with it since before AFS was open sourced, either,
actually)

/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/systems-jhutz/hostafs if you want a look.